A Game of Categorization
We humans really love to categorize things. It’s just how our brains are wired. We have a separate family for all the various types of critters in the animal kingdom, we divide what we eat into four food groups, and we classify out digital games into genres. It may not seem like much, but dividing things into categories can actually be a lot more difficult than you would think. 4 Pics 1 Word will prove it.
Do you think you have what it takes to find the one word that describes what all the images you see have in common? Play it and find out!
What Do They All Have in Common?
4 Pics 1 Word is easy to play. You’ll be presented with four pictures. They may depict wildly different things, but they do have one very vital and very common link. It’s up to you to figure out what exactly it is. It’s pretty simple to grasp, but it’s amazing how absolutely hairy this game can get!
- Complete over 1000 different sets.
- Type the word up from the letters you have available to you.
- Zoom in on the pictures by tapping on them with your finger or stylus. Get a closer look at what they’re depicting.
Get a Clue
It’s inevitable. Play 4 Pics 1 Word enough and you will eventually come to a point where you just won’t be able rattle your brain for a correct answer, no matter much you look at the images or pour over the letters. It could very well even happen on the very first set of pictures you come across! Luckily, it’s not all that bad; 4 Pics 1 Word can help you narrow things down in several ways.
- Play the game naturally to earn coins. Spend these wisely to receive your hints.
- Use the bomb to delete a few of the letters that are not part of the answer.
- Reveal one of the letters in the answer to bring you one step closer to it.
- Tap the Facebook button to post your current set of pictures right onto the Wall of your Facebook page. If you can’t get it, then maybe your friends can figure it out for you.
Hurry Up and Start Guessing!
4 Pics 1 Word is both one of the most simple and one of the most challenging games you will likely find for your smartphone or tablet computer in this day and age. There are no hard controls or nuanced mechanics to get a feel for; it’s all just looking, guessing and typing. Yet it will make you think long and hard over what four seemingly random things have in common.
There are plenty of ways to acquire clues just in case you get stuck, and there’s an added social element that will let you and your buddies lend a hand to each other. It’s easy to get into, absolutely addicting, and full of so much content that it’s unlikely you’ll ever see all there is to see!