An Old Game on a New Platform
Video game arcades may have gone the way of the dodo, but their legacies still live on through other means. Take the classic coin dozer machines. These unusual devices promised to give you a big winning just by dropping a coin or two inside.
Unlike their more well-known slot machine cousins, they were not entirely reliant on luck, sharp eyes, and quick reflexes. They required a more calculated approach to win. A single coin dropped in the right place at the right time could effectively score you a nice jackpot or any number of cool prizes! With Game Circus’ aptly-named Coin Dozer, you can play this unsung classic all over again from the palm of your hand.
Coin Dozer on the Go
Coin Dozer is simple enough to grasp, but hard to master. Coins are piled haphazardly into a machine where a piston in the back is constantly pushing at them. It doesn’t go far enough to push them over the edge at the other end, but it’s usually enough to get them teetering. To send a good amount of coins tumbling down, all it usually takes are a few more strategically-placed coins. Knowing where to drop them is the key to succeeding.
- Features colorful three-dimensional graphics.
- Boasts an impressive and highly realistic physics engine that properly simulates the behavior of falling and imbalanced coins.
- Drop coins by tapping the area of the screen you want them to fall in.
- Toss up to four coins at a time.
- Earn the coins you succeed in knocking off the edge. Use them to play even more games.
- Avoid knocking things off the side if you can; they won’t add anything to your score.
- Get bonus points for knocking over multiple coins at once.
Earn Special Coins and Prizes
There are more than just regular coins to use and collect in Coin Dozer. The game includes a host of special coins that cause all sorts of fantastic things to happen that couldn’t otherwise occur in a real life arcade.
- Drop giant coins that shake up the whole machine and really push the pile close to the edge.
- Use the Coin Shower to drop a whole bunch of coins into the machine simultaneously.
- Set up Coin Walls to close the side gutters and make pushing coins off the edge a lot easier.
- And much more!
Coins and tokens weren’t always the only things you could win in an arcade dozer. Some machines would include a lovely variety of prizes, like toy cares, miniature plush animals, and cubic zirconia. Prizes exist in this edition of Coin Dozer as well. They come in sets of four; collect the entire set, and your game will become permanently enhanced with a variety of perks.
- Get all the toy bears to increase the rate that coins regenerate in your personal coffers.
- Collect the dogs to randomly turn some coins into valuable silver coins.
- Gather the umbrellas to upgrade the Coin Shower and make it more potent.
- Grab the whistles to collect any prize that falls into the gutter.
- Collect all the cars to make more Giant Coins appear.
- And more!
Got the Gambling Itch?
At its heart, Coin Dozer is a gambling game that relies on a different set of skills than what we’re normally used to seeing. In that regard, it can feel a whole lot more fresh while still being every bit as fun and addictive. Better yet, it’s free to play! No purchase is necessary to download or experience all it has to offer.
If you have happy memories of playing the old dozer machines in the arcades of yesteryear, then Coin Dozer can be a nostalgic trip back to the past. Even if you don’t, it’s more than worth a look if you are curious.