There’s Always a Catch
You may have never known it, but it turns out you have an uncanny ability to see and communicate with the dead. The mansion you’ve inherited from your uncle in New Orleans turns out to be haunted. Thankfully, the ghosts aren’t interested in rattling chains at night; they just want out of this prison already.
You’ll have to explore the mansion grounds from top to bottom, gathering as much ectoplasm as you can to free the ghosts from their tethers. While you’re at it, see if you can give the place your own personal touch by putting in the best ghostly furnishings money can buy. If you do a good enough job, then you’ll be able to experience a Mardi Gras celebration like no other!
Leave No Stone Unturned
If you want a hidden object game, then you have come to the right place with Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery. It boasts a nigh infinite number of HOGs that can be played as often as needed in order to solve the manor’s many haunted mysteries.
- Features atmospheric visuals and ambience. Search for items in misty chambers while fading spirits watch your every step and ghostly voices whisper into the wind.
- Play HOGs in every scene and locale as often as you like.
- Randomized lists of items will keep you guessing.
- Pan and zoom the camera around to get a better look at the scene and see the hidden items better.
- Find items in rapid succession to increase the multiplier on your score.
- Click the Hint button to get the location of a random item.
Decorate the Manor
Just because the mansion is haunted doesn’t mean you have to devote every waking hour to dealing with the ghosts. You can also furnish the place to your liking. Doing so will impress the spirits as well and make them more willing to give you a helping hand down the line.
- Spruce the place up with your choice of ghostly furniture. Buy a monument, a desecrated coffin, lay down cobblestone paths, and more.
- Add a little more “unlife” to the place by filling it up with walkers. Walkers can include black cats, ghostly maids, friendly zombies, animated skeletons and more.
- Purchasing furniture and walkers earns you Juju, which you’ll need to unlock more rooms and features.
- Determine the placement and layout of all your furnishings to create the mansion in your image.
Solve the Mysteries
It won’t do to just search the estate grounds blindly. In order to get to the bottom of this mystery properly, you’ll have to turn to the ghostly inhabitants, like the lovely Yvette and Ellensmere, for help in pointing you the right way.
- Complete missions to earn money and experience.
- Unlock dozens of achievements to earn extra goodies.
- Open up more rooms to move the story forward.
- Spin the wheel after every HOG to get a random bonus reward.
- Manage your energy levels carefully to make sure you can keep searching efficiently.
The Game That Keeps On Giving
If the above wasn’t enough to get you excited, then know this: Dark Manor is completely free to play and includes content updates and seasonal events that will keep you coming back for more.
If you want to experience a challenging HOG dripping with a lot of atmosphere, then you can’t go wrong exploring the haunted halls of Dark Manor!