Run Through the Temple
Should you ever decide to explore some ancient ruins belonging to a civilization from a bygone era, there is only one thing that you really need to know: don’t pick up any mystical-looking idols that are neatly perched on otherwise innocent-looking pillars. Statistics show that they usually result in either the activation of a deadly trap or the release of an unholy temple guardian onto your grave-robbing behind. Unfortunately, you did not heed that rule and now have to run for your life from a horde of demonic monkeys.
Thus begins your adventure in Temple Run, one of the most fast-paced games you will likely every play on a smartphone. You must run, jump and slide your way through the winding mazes of the temple ruins at speeds that can only be described as ludicrous. If you succeed, you will most assuredly become a very wealthy person. If you fail, then you’ll end up as just another part of ancient history. Do you think you’re ready for that? Too bad; in Temple Run, you won’t have enough time to think it over!
The Chase is On!
They say that hindsight is always 20/20. It’s true; stealing that idol from the temple had to have been the stupidest decision you ever made. Sadly, there’s nothing you can do about right now aside from simply run. Those monkeys are hot on your heels and they won’t ever slow down. You won’t be able to either if you want to have any hope of getting out alive.
- Blaze through the temple with one of seven characters, including Guy Dangerous the average explorer, Francisco Montoya the time-misplaced conquistador, and Zack Wonder the rising football star.
- Learn how to turn on a dime. Slide your finger to the right or to the left to make a sharp turn without slowing down. Act fast or turn into a wall decoration. The choice is yours.
- Slide under low-hanging obstacles without missing a beat by running your finger downward on the screen.
- Leap over pits and obstacles by sliding your finger upward.
- Tilt your device to change your position on the screen. Use this technique to narrowly avoid obstacles and collect goodies.
Being pursued by a troop of psychopathic simians might ruin your day, but you don’t need to rely on just your dexterity to see you through. Temple Run comes packed with a healthy dose of power-ups that you can use to improve your temple-running abilities tenfold for at least a few seconds. It may not sound like much, but in this world, one second can and will mean the difference between life and death.
- Collect coins and gems as you sprint through the temple. Spend them at the in-game store to acquire all sorts of cool goodies.
- Use the Boost to give yourself a quick burst of speed and momentum that allows you to pass over all obstacles without the possibility of death. Make those monkeys eat your dust!
- Level up the Mega Coin to instantly get a huge payoff of coins all at once.
- Get a Coin Magnet to draw all coins to you automatically.
- Use Invincibility to become impervious to all obstacles. Nothing can trip you, fire will not burn you, and pits will even fill in with magically corporeal light that you can run on.
- Activate the Coin Value power to increase the value of all coins in the temple for a limited amount of time.
Don’t Ever Stop Running!
There’s always a reason to come back to Temple Run. For a game that can be played on a screen so small, you will be surprised at how large it can be. This is a title that can surely be played again and again without ever once feeling repetitive.
- Features endless gameplay. The labyrinth is limitless in size and lasts as long as you are able to survive. See how long you can sprint through it.
- Earn as high a score as you possibly can by surviving and collecting coins.
- Zoom down forks in the road that will lead you down different paths in the temple.
- Unlock new characters and wallpapers by buying them at the store with your hard-earned coins.
With Temple Run, you get a unique and incredibly fast-paced game with a lot of replay value that can be taken anywhere and played anytime. However, the best part about it is that it is also now free. There’s no need to spend a cent to enjoy most of what Temple Run has to offer; this is one treasure that’s worth unearthing for anyone who’s curious.