Editor's Update (10/29/14) – This is a very old game that no longer has a free demo. However, you can get a full version for modern computers at Good Old Games
Fantasy RTS With Many Race and Unit Options
Warlords Battlecry 3 has you joining with the many races of Etheria as you fight your way through the ruins, jungles and deserts of the southern continent of Keshan, searching for new lands to conquer, and the treasure with which you might build an Empire.
Cool Heroes to Level Up
Warlords Battlecry III further expands the Battlecry tradition of featuring persistent RPG-like fantasy heroes that get stronger with every level while fighting massive battles in the Warlords' world of Etheria.
Focus on Fighting
Warlords Battlecry III continues to perfect its automated feature system, greatly reducing gameplay micromanagement and quickly proving to be the holy grail of RTS games among gamers of the genre. While being a strong RTS outright, there are also numerous activities for players to engage in between battles, such as:
- Obtaining titles and awards
- Trading and purchasing items & retinue members
- Upgradeable castles to reflect your importance and influence in the world of Etheria.
Extra features included in Warlords Battlecry III are specifically geared to please the legions of previous Battlecry players, including the removal of hero and unit caps, the addition of new special abilities for high-level heroes and the creation of an intuitive hero system.
Recommended Real Time Strategy Series
RTS games are quite popular and some times its hard to find good ones. The Warlords Battlecry series has received above average ratings from major game reviewers even though it isn't considered to be as fine tuned as Starcraft or Warcraft. Here are a couple review summaries:
- "Warlords Battlecry III is a solid real-time strategy game, but it's one that doesn't differentiate itself much from its illustrious predecessors" – Gamespot, 7.2/10
- "The depth of races and units in Warlords Battlecry 3 is enough to fill three other lesser RTS games." – IGN, 8.0/10